…you may not know about me.
10) I once ate 9 1/2 hot fudge sunday’s with sprinkles at a Ponderosa… that was after having finished my meal (my parents rules… no dessert unless we finished our meals). I was so proud of myself and so stuffed!!!
9) I was a nerd already in elementary school. I was an Ohio Future Problem Solver and my group (3 other girls and I) made it to the state finals – I think it was in 5th or 6th grade… I’d have to check the newspaper clipping my mom saved for me. It was a big deal to make it that far and we were so excited!
8) Though they scared me, I used to love sci-fi movies like Aliens… the only problem was that I didn’t want to go outside in the dark afterward (even years later while living in Germany I would look over my shoulder every few seconds when I would take Sammie for her late night walk to do her thing).
7) I once dropped my brother down the stairs – he was only a toddler at the time… that might actually explain a few things now 😉
6) I used to be afraid to go down into the basement after dark… I still don’t like it, but will go if I really have to, making sure I turn all of the lights on when I go down there.
5) The first professional baseball game I ever went to was a Cleveland Indians game… I can’t remember who they played, but they won and I cried because I was happy (I was an emotional kid!)
4) I danced ballet for years – I even made it en-pointe. I stopped dancing when we moved to Illinois… I didn’t like the classes they had in the town that we moved to. I still have my pointe shoes and put them on every now and then (though not since Noah was born)
3) I love watching a good storm roll in, especially when there is greenage involved and the clouds look the same way sand does under gently rolling waves.
2) The first time I ever got drunk was while visiting a friend while she was stationed in Pensacola, FL. It happened right before I moved to Germany (where I really learned how to drink thanks to some good German beer). What did I learn from that first drunken adventure… never fly while hungover!!! Especially not in a small plane that seats less than 20 people!!
1) The number one thing that you may not know about me… I am currently in the process of upgrading to Mama 2.0. This process will last about another 32 weeks (give or take a few days) and if all goes well, will end with a little brother or sister for Noah!!! This upgrade is happening a little sooner than we were planning and expecting, but we are excited and nervous and freaking out about having two kids 20 months apart and happy. We got to see a sneak peek at the outcome of this upgrade today for the first time and everything looks great so far!